We log anonymous usage statistics. Please read the privacy information for details.
Guest Editor Guidelines
If you are interested in proposing a special issue for Entangled Religions, please contact the managing editor Julia Heinig (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Typically, a special issue should contain at least four articles plus an introduction. If an intended special issue does not have a sufficient number of papers, the articles will be published individually in the regular article section of Entangled Religions.
Responsibilities of Guest Editor(s)
- Agree on the thematic scope of the special issue and a timetable with the managing editor of Entangled Religions.
- Seek submissions either by CfPs or by direct invitation (or both).
- Assess relevance, quality and language of the submitted manuscripts and, if necessary, request a first revision by the author(s).
- Propose three potential independent reviewers for each submitted manuscript for double-blind peer review.
- Assess the quality of both peer reviews in consultation with ER’s editorial team.
- Assess the revised manuscripts of all articles and recommend them for publication. Please note that the final decision about publication is made by ER’s editorial board.
- Write an introduction for the special issue that connects the articles to one another and ER’s overarching focus.
Special Issue Proposal
The prospective guest editor submits a proposal that should detail:
- name and affiliation of all guest editors
- the theme and content, considering ER’s focus and scope
- how the papers will be solicited and a list of potential authors and topics (where relevant)
- a timetable indicating when the CFP will be distributed, the submission deadline and deadline for the initial review by the guest editor(s)
The managing editor of Entangled Religions will circulate the proposal amongst the editorial board, the members of which will provide their opinion before a decision is taken. The decision will take into account other special issues that may be in the pipeline.